2018 Elections Information
There are two elections this year: One in June and one in November. The California Democratic Party has endorsed a number of statewide candidates. To view endorsements, click here
*NOTE: The California Democratic Party did not endorse a candidate for US Senate, Governor, Lt. Governor, Attorney General, and Board of Equalization.
In local elections, the Santa Barbara County Democratic Party has endorsed the following people for the June election.
- Gregg Hart for County Supervisor
- Betsy Schaffer for County Auditor-Controller
- Oscar Gutierrez for Santa Barbara City Council
- Eddie Hsueh for Sheriff
- Yes on Measure R
- Yes on Measure S
- Yes on Measure T
The Democratic Party of Santa Barbara County (DPSBC) invites candidates to apply for its endorsement for the November 2018 election.
The DPSBC encourages all democratic candidates to participate in our great electoral process. Voting by mail begins in early October 2018. This timing gives endorsed candidates credibility and enough time to seek other endorsements, meet with voters and discuss the issues before voting begins.
Several key benefits candidates receive from an endorsement:
- The Party’s endorsement communicates to voters that endorsed candidates hold and represent Democratic values.
- The party provides invaluable advice and expertise, especially to first-time candidates.
- Candidates gain efficiency and effectiveness by sharing activities and resources with other endorsed candidates, such as neighborhood canvassing, literature distribution and voter registration.
We are a party of inclusion and look forward to encouraging new and experienced candidates throwing their hat into the vigorous campaign season that is just beginning.
The first step to seeking an endorsement is to contact the Endorsements and Resolutions Chair, Joe Pierre at email@example.com and he will walk you through the process.
The best way to find out information about the Democratic Party and its endorsement process is to check the web page at http://www.sbdems.org.
The following seats are up for election on November 6, 2018 and have been posted on the web page since December.
- Goleta City Council
- Goleta Mayor
- Goleta Water District
- Goleta Sanitary District
- Goleta School Board
- Hope District School Board
- Isla Vista Community Services District
- Isla Vista Parks and Recreation District
- Carpinteria City Council
- Carpinteria School Board
- Carpinteria Sanitary District
- Carpinteria-Summerland Fire Protection District
- Carpinteria Valley Water District
- Lompoc City Council
- Lompoc Mayor
- Lompoc Unified School District
- Lompoc Valley Medical Center
- Santa Maria City Council
- Santa Maria Joint Union High School District
- Santa Maria-Bonita School District
- Santa Maria Public Airport District
- Santa Maria Valley Water Conservation District
- Buellton City Council
- Buellton Union School District
- Solvang City Council
- Solvang School District
- Santa Ynez Valley Union High School District
- Santa Ynez Community Services District
- Santa Ynez River Water Conservation District
- Summerland Sanitary District
- Guadalupe City Council
- Guadalupe Union School District
- Santa Barbara Unified School District Board
- Santa Barbara City College Board of Trustees
- Allan Hancock Board of Trustees
- Montecito Union School District
- Montecito Water Board
- Montecito Fire Protection District
- Montecito Sanitary District
- Ballard School District
- Blochman Union School District
- College School District
- Cold Spring School District
- Los Olivos School District
- Orcutt Union School District
- Vista Del Mar Union School District
- Casmalia Community Services District
- Cuyama Community Services District
- Cuyama Valley Recreation District
- Cuyama Joint Unified School District
- Embarcadero Municipal Improvement District
- Los Alamos Community Services District
- Mission Hills Community Services District
- Vandenberg Village Community Services District
We look forward to seeing you on the campaign trail.