The next scheduled election will be November 5, 2019. Due to the California Democratic Party moving its primary to March of 2020, endorsements for that election will begin earlier than usual. Please check back here for updates. If you are a previously endorsed incumbent, please contact Joe Pierre firstname.lastname@example.org
The Democratic Party of Santa Barbara County (DPSBC) invites candidates to apply for its endorsement for upcoming elections. The Central Committee will be considering endorsements for the following seats during the following meetings:
County Board of Supervisors, District 1: July 11, 2019
County Board of Supervisors, District 4: TBA
Due to the California Democratic Party moving its primary to March of 2020, endorsements for that election will begin earlier than usual.
The DPSBC encourages all democratic candidates to participate in our great electoral process. This timing gives endorsed candidates credibility and enough time to seek other endorsements, meet with voters and discuss the issues before voting begins.
Several key benefits candidates receive from an endorsement:
- The Party’s endorsement communicates to voters that endorsed candidates hold and represent Democratic values.
- The party provides invaluable advice and expertise, especially to first-time candidates.
- Candidates gain efficiency and effectiveness by sharing activities and resources with other endorsed candidates, such as neighborhood canvassing, literature distribution and voter registration.
We are a party of inclusion and look forward to encouraging new and experienced candidates throwing their hat into the vigorous campaign season that is just beginning.
The first step to seeking an endorsement is to contact the Endorsements and Resolutions Chair, Joe Pierre at email@example.com and he will walk you through the process, which includes:
- A detailed questionnaire based on the Party Platform.
- An interview with the Central Committee, which has regularly scheduled meetings in Buellton on the first Thursday of every month.
You must be a registered Democrat to seek the party’s endorsement.